- Call & Response: Journal of responsive art and writing that Carlea Holl-Jensen and I co-founded in 2006.
- No Wonders: Art blog by my dear boyfriend, Roger Arnold, who loves me, African Art and working at a major art museum. (Yes, he goes second and stays on the list despite rarely updating because of nepotism. So sue me.)
- The Culinary Couple: Probably my favorite blog of all time, new parents Emily and Nick Wiley have made cooking personal, fun, and fresh. Go for the recipes, stay for the stories.
- SouleMama: Lovely and calming blog chronicling the life of Amanda Soule, mother, crafter and Maine-native. This was the blog that started it all for me, and I still take inspiration from her every Friday.
- Better In Real Life: Everything Lauren DuPuis-Perez writes in her lifestyle blog feels deeply true. Plus, I have this strange idea that if only we lived on the same coast, we could be BFFLs.
- On Anna's Plate: Anna, a fellow poet, writes on food, teaching, and family in a fun, earnest way.
- Jen is Green: Jen writes about running, eating, and living in the Capital Region. Her writings always inspire me to get up and move.
- Hour of Gold: Carlea Holl-Jensen updates her life blog daily, and always includes a list of 5 things or one photograph she's enjoying that day, along with other wonderful writings.
- Angry Chicken: Fierce and fun blog by Amy Karol, excellent seamstress and tutorial-maker.
- Well Tailored Suit: I not-so-secretly want to be besties with Erica, the brilliant mind behind the cat blog to end all cat blogs.
- A New York Sketchbook: Wonderful collection of ephemera from actress and recent college-grad, Beth. She has very strict rules on blogging and she's not afraid to break them.
- Marriageable: Recent graduate and new wife Mary writes on the challenges and rewards of being an adult for the first time, in a really sensitive and candid way.
- Charlotte Geary Photography: I've been reading Charlotte Geary's photography blog for so long she feels like an old friend. Her images never cease to capture beautiful moments, and despite dropping most other photography blogs, I keep coming back to this one.
- Happy Sighs: Calm and entertaining life blog by the witty and spot-on Liz, new mother, teacher, and owner of Betsy Ann Paper.
- A Practical Wedding: I'm not planning on getting married any time soon, but when I do, this will be my greatest resource. For now, it's a near-perfect celebration of love.
This is a little (and still incomplete) list of other blogs, other journeys, that inspire me. Hope you enjoy, and feel free to comment with some of your favorites!